Vision and Goals: Upper Oconee
"Create a regional plan that focuses on managing water as a critical resource vital to our health, economic, social and environmental well being. Build trusting partnerships with neighboring regions and develop an educated and engaged citizenry that embraces sound water management."
- Promote alternatives and technologies that conserve, reuse, return, and recycle water within the Upper Oconee region.
- Ensure that management practices balance economic development, recreation, and environmental interests.
- Educate stakeholders in the region on the importance of water quality and managing water as a resource including practices such as water conservation and increased water efficiency.
- Encourage the development of and accessibility to data and information to guide management decisions.
- Identify programs, projects, and educational messages to reduce non-point source pollution to protect water quality in lakes and streams.
- Recommend innovative strategies (water, sewer, and/or stormwater) that provide sufficient revenues to maintain a high level of service while promoting water conservation and efficiency.
- Identify and plan measures to ensure sustainable, adequate water supply to meet current and predicted long-term population, environmental and economic needs.